Wondering what an affirmation really means and if it actually works when you apply it to your daily routine?
We’ve taken the time to not just give you the meaning but also explain how you can create your own positive affirmation.
We’ll also provide you with a list of our personal favorite affirmations for having happy and productive days.
Feel free to pick some of ours and apply them to your everyday life.
What Are Affirmations?
An affirmation is a statement that you think or say; in order to describe a goal in it’s already completed state. Positive affirmations are used to challenge your negative or self sabotaging thoughts.
You may not know this but mostly everyone has used or uses negative affirmations without knowing, e.g. “I don’t think they’ll hire me at that job”, “I’m never going to find love”, “This is not my day”, “I always have the worst luck”, “I can’t do this…”
Every time you think, say and repeat affirmations, you are programming them into your subconscious mind. In other words you become what you think about.
That’s why it is extremely important to think positive and say positive affirmations everyday if possible. With time and practice, these can help build confidence, self esteem and help gain control during stressful days.
Create Your Very Own Affirmations
Everyone has different daily affirmations and they’re actually simple to create. Try to think of a goal that you want to accomplish or something that you would like to improve within yourself, e.g. “Today I am exercising for fifteen minutes”, “I am feeling excited for this beautiful day!”, “Today I am cooking a healthy meal”.
- First you need to know that they must be positive, e.g. replace “I can’t” with “I can”.
- Write them and say them in the present tense, e.g. use “I am”, “now” or “today”.
- Describe your goal with an action word ending with -ing, e.g. “loving”.
Depending on what your goals are, you can also add emotion to your affirmation in order to give them a stronger purpose or meaning, e.g. “I am getting this job right now to help buy food for my family”.
Apply Positive Affirmations To Your Daily Life
Now that you have written down you positive affirmations, now it’s time to start practicing them. I recommend writing your favorites on sticky notes and then posting them where you can easily see them first thing in the morning and before bed.
You can also carry a couple with you for when you’re at work or out of the house. These work as reminders to help us get back on track.
Make sure that you say your affirmations with great enthusiasm and happy energy!
Repeat your positive affirmations first thing in the morning, then at midday and finally right before sleep. Try repeating them for about five minutes each time and eventually they’ll be programmed into your subconscious mind.
Our Personal Favorites
Here is a list of our positive affirmations that we currently still use. Some have a deeper or stronger meaning than others but they all help in different ways. Feel free to add some to your list if you’d like or comment below and share some of your favorites.
- I am thankful for having friends and family by my side.
- I am living a life filled with love, peace and joy.
- I am starting my business to help my family today.
- I am forgiving and kind to myself and others.
- I am trying to do my best right now.
- I am learning to be a better person.
- I am working hard to have financial freedom.
- I am embracing the opportunities that come my way.
- I am enjoying the precious moments that life brings.
- I am gaining strength and confidence right now.
- I am loving this beautiful day.
- I am getting an amazing workout today.
- I am hugging my loved ones today.
- I am finding a way to reach my goal.
Positive affirmations are used to challenge your negative or self sabotaging thoughts. They can also help build up your confidence, self esteem and help during stressful days.
You can create you own affirmation by using positive action words in the present tense, e.g. “I am getting a job interview today”.
Practice saying your positive affirmations with enthusiasm first thing in the morning, at midday and right before sleep. Repeat them daily for better results.
Remember that your mind is like a magnet. If you think positive, you’ll attract positive things in life.